"Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof; but only say the word and my [soul] shall be healed." -Matthew 8:8
We designed this Home Retreat for families with children 6-9 years old preparing for the sacrament of 1st Communion. It can be adapted for individuals or groups of any age preparing to receive the body and blood of Jesus Christ in the form of bread and wine.
This Home Retreat focuses on:
- Receiving God’s love,
- Responding to God's invitation to the altar, and
- Staying connected with God.
You can purchase the digital download for 1 family or a group. This pricing is on the honor system to support artist Joan Bratt and help our team create additional materials for home use.
Home Retreat includes (16 pages total):
- Guidance on preparing stations for a home retreat
- 10 Memory Cards for items of the Mass in both color and black & white
- Coloring page of the Last Supper
- Hand-lettered prayer card of the Centurion's Prayer
- Color stationery and black & white border to make prayer cards
One option for the retreat is to create or purchase a Mini-Mass Set (sold separately).
Additional figures (sold separately) that can be used with the True Vine - Home Retreat (1st Communion):
- Centurion from Ancient Rome
- Individual Figures - Good Shepherd and/or Sheep
- Mini-Crucifix - San Damiano
- Last Supper (Cenacle) - Large 3D Figures
- Just the Table - Large Cenacle Table
Many thanks to our contributors:
- Artist: Joan Bratt
- Author: Meagen Farrell
- Printer: Great Lakes Printing/Gazette Newspapers
- Shipping Manager: Michele Szewczyk
- Catechist Reviewers: Margaret Bratt, Julianne Pertz, Catherine Paulie, Amy Stanislawski, Maria Villarubbia, Maria Pilliero