"Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep." -Luke 15:6b
We designed this four figure set to go along with our Found Sheep Home Retreat for families with children 6-9 years old preparing for the sacrament of 1st Reconciliation. This figure set can be used by anyone who wants to accept the forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ.
The Home Retreat focuses on Bible verses about:
- Receiving God’s love,
- God’s call to respond with love, and
- Accepting God’s forgiveness for the ways we fall short.
Pieces included in the Home Found Sheep Set (can be purchased separately):
- Small Good Shepherd
- Sheep: one head up
- Sheep: one head down
- Mini-Crucifix: San Damiano with base
- 6" x 1/8" Tiny Sheepfold
Additional figure sets (sold separately) that can be used with the Found Sheep - Home Retreat:
- Found Coin - 3 Figure Set
- Mini-Crucifix - San Damiano
- Forgiving Father - 4 Figure Set (a Mustard Seed Training original!)
- Full Good Shepherd Figure Set for CGS atrium
- Sheep DIY Craft Kit (makes 6 sheep) from our Etsy friends at Pear Creek Cottage
Ideas for finishing:
- Glue figures to base before painting.
- Suggested (acrylic) paint colors: green for sheepfold, black & white for sheep, brown and tan for shepherd
- For ideas about how to paint the Good Shepherd, see our Good Shepherd Pinterest board.
- How to paint the sheep? Keep it simple, and make all the sheep the same. Check out these 20 breeds of adorable sheep (Suffolk are my personal favorite)
- You can also paint the sheep legs & face, then wrap yarn around the body to make it feel like wool
- Sheepfold: Collect or purchase river rocks to make a round sheepfold. Glue rocks in place or keep them loose for children to build up again & again.
Many thanks to our contributors:
- Artist: Joan Bratt
- Author: Meagen Farrell
- Shipping Manager: Michele Szewczyk
- Catechist Reviewers: Margaret Bratt, Julianne Pertz, Catherine Paulie, Amy Stanislawski