"Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep." -Luke 15:6b
We designed this Home Retreat for families with children 6-9 years old preparing for the sacrament of 1st Reconciliation. It can be adapted for individuals or groups of any age who want to accept the forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ.
This Home Retreat focuses on Bible verses about:
- Receiving God’s love,
- God’s call to respond with love, and
- Accepting God’s forgiveness for the ways we fall short.
You can purchase the digital download for 1 family or a group. This pricing is on the honor system to support emerging artist Joan Bratt and help our team create additional materials for home use.
The printed retreat comes in a green folder with four unfinished figures. The first eight people to order the figure set will also receive a round tin ~8 inches wide.
Home Retreat includes (15 pages total, print or download):
- Guidance on preparing a home retreat
- 10 Memory Cards for Examination of Conscience in both color and black & white
- Coloring page of the Good Shepherd
- Hand-lettered prayer card of Luke 15:6b
- Color stationery and black & white border to make prayer cards
Figures included in the Home Found Sheep Set:
- Small Good Shepherd
- Two sheep (one head up, one head down)
- 6" x 1/8" sheepfold
- Mini-Crucifix: San Damiano with base
Additional figure sets (sold separately) that can be used with the Found Sheep - Home Retreat:
- Found Coin - 3 Figure Set
- Mini-Crucifix - San Damiano
- Forgiving Father - 4 Figure Set (a Mustard Seed Training original!)
- Full Good Shepherd Figure Set for CGS atrium
- Sheep DIY Craft Kit (makes 6 sheep) from our Etsy friends at Pear Creek Cottage
Ideas for finishing:
- Glue figures to base before painting.
- Suggested (acrylic) paint colors: green for sheepfold, black & white for sheep, brown and tan for shepherd
- For ideas about how to paint the Good Shepherd, see our Good Shepherd Pinterest board.
- How to paint the sheep? Keep it simple, and make all the sheep the same. Check out these 20 breeds of adorable sheep (Suffolk are my personal favorite)
- You can also paint the sheep legs & face, then wrap yarn around the body to make it feel like wool
- Sheepfold: Collect or purchase river rocks to make a round sheepfold. Glue rocks in place or keep them loose for children to build up again & again.
Bulk orders can receive a discount; however, please allow up to 3 weeks for production and shipping. Contact Meagen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.973.4977 if you plan to order 5+ sets.
Many thanks to our contributors:
- Artist: Joan Bratt
- Author: Meagen Farrell
- Printer: Great Lakes Printing/Gazette Newspapers
- Shipping Manager: Michele Szewczyk
- Catechist Reviewers: Margaret Bratt, Julianne Pertz, Catherine Paulie, Amy Stanislawski