Thanks to all who signed up to provide feedback! Anyone can enjoy a FREE sample of our Confirmation letterhead.
Whether you are learning in person, hybrid, or remotely, we are looking to support families to practice and prepare for the sacraments at home.
The central theme of the Confirmation Personal Retreat is the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit. Notes included to adapt activities for various ages of preparation: younger children (renewed order) or teens & adults.
You can purchase the digital download for 1 family or a group. This pricing is on the honor system to support artist Joan Bratt and help our team create additional materials for home use.
Personal Retreat includes (24 pages total):
- Guidance on preparing sections of a personal retreat
- 7 Memory Cards for Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Bookmark of Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Stationery for a fellowship letter
- Planning resources for prayer and Bible study
- Color and black & white borders to make Gifts of the Spirit prayer cards
The retreat will focus on helping your Confirmand (person preparing for confirmation) think about their life after confirmation based on the example of the early disciples after Pentecost (Acts 2). The goal is to make group-based sacramental preparation even more meaningful.
Thank you for your ministry of praying with children!
Photo credit: Pentecost icon, Flickr user Ted
Did you know that Mustard Seed Training was originally formed to support adult faith formation?
We are especially passionate about formation that prepares parents to support their child's spiritual growth. We aim to promote biblically-based (and research-based!) parenting strategies. Meagen Farrell transitioned to religious education after a career as a national teacher trainer in adult basic education.
Here are a few examples of ways our team has helped fellow catechists and parents so far:
- Launched Mustard Seed Family Prayer Sets in Advent 2020
- Developed Home Retreats for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation
- Created original materials for catechists by catechists such as empty tomb, scripture citation bookmarks, and parable figures